2014年7月17日木曜日

11/22/63 Stephan King

  This is a disappointing book. Before I read it, I knew it was about Kennedy’s assassination. I wondered how King would deal with the assassination.
  In the book, Lee Oswald misses shooting Kennedy. The president later calls Amberson to thank him for saving his life. I thought anyone could write such a story; you just go to the past and save a famous man before he is killed. For example, I go to the ancient Rome and save Caesar’s life. You can’t change historic facts. This is the fundamental principle of a time-travel story.
   According to my understanding of the book, King’s idea of time-travel is to reset the past. The rabbit-hole takes you to a world different from historical facts. You visit the past and undone them. Isn’t this tricky? Isn’t this a scam? The book fools the reader. According to him, there seem to be many different past worlds.
  The last scene where Amberson dances with Sadie may be moving, but how can you meet the woman who was killed by Lee?
   I do not understand why 11/22/63 won many prizes.
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿